Thursday, 7 August 2008

Chit-chat

Wednesday 6 August 2008.

Back in Longview again so it must be time to do laundry.

We spent the early afternoon at my friend's grandma's apartments. The ladies there all have a 'chit-chat' on Wednesdays and often their grandchildren come along. So it was our turn to go and be the 'exotic kiwi grandkid and friend'.

Everyone talked about NZ (eg we don't just use wool to knit with, we generally don't have air conditioning, we do have driers but also air dry our clothes) and I learnt a new way to knit. I really enjoyed seeing the crafts the other ladies were doing and we spent a couple of hours there.

Next we wandered around in downtown Longview and at some point went to Country Oven cafe for some food. I think it was good, but can't remember much more than that. I looked in The Broadway Gallery which was pretty cool, it had a LOT of stuff in it and all different media as well.

Dinner was at an italian restaurant and I had canneloni and key lime cheesecake for dessert mmmmmm.

Every restaurant worth it's salt seems to bring out a basket/board with bread and butter/dipping oil while you make your choices and wait for your food. It's kind of nice, but I find it quite difficult to restrain myself from eating it and then I end up too full.

No comments:

Post a Comment