Monday 4 August 2008. Hot & sunny
Our last day in Seattle - We almost went into town but realised that the buses only have day passes on the weekends and it was much too complicated to figure out zones etc.
We went to a second hand book store with lots of cats! That was pretty neat, there were a bunch of funny signs up too (eg Please check any bags large enough to hold a cat, Thieves will be fed to the cats) and it had the biggest selection of sci-fi/fantasy books that I've seen in a second hand book store about that size.
So we decided it was time to drive back to Olympia - we stopped at Dairy Queen (icecream/dessert shop) and I had a malted caramel milkshake. YUM it was the best.
We decided to see a movie and found a lovely park to read in until it started. We sat in the middle of a field in the shade of trees and were only occasionally freaked out by wasps etc.
We headed back to see the movie we had chosen - Journey to the Centre of the Earth in 3D. It was ok, pretty straight forward plot with lots of contrived scenes to make the most of the 3D effect. I found myself getting annoyed at the smaller things - of course dinosaurs exist, but lava is a lot hotter than those people are finding it...
One of the best parts of the movie was the $5 'medium' size drink that was about the size of my head. Unfortunately I couldn't be bothered taking a picture of it so I can't show you. And because it was the medium size (only 50c more) we got a refill as well. Luckily there were two of us, because I don't think only one bladder could hold that much liquid!
Back to Longview and really nice orange chicken at Angel Thai.
Headed back to the Eastside bar, met people and drank more beer. Once it was sufficiently late (and we remembered that one of the group members hadn't had any dinner) we adjourned to a mexican place. I got sweet potato fries, which didn't have as sweet a taste as kumara chips, were cut a bit thinner and weren't as crispy. So now I have a better idea of what a different sweet potato tastes like and happily, I prefer kumara! Makes it a lot easier once I'm back in NZ - that's something I won't be craving.
Eventually it was time to go home, once there I spent a while drunkenly looking at photos of Scotland (maybe I should go there next...) and then it was sleep time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment