23 July 2008
I finally had a chance to open my bags, sort everything out and do some washing.
My clothes got put in the dryer on warm but fortunately didn't shrink - my friend's loose comfy jeans are now her tight sexy jeans :-o
Nice warm day, slightly overcast.
Went to brunch at Arbys (fast food) and had a beef meat sandwich (on a hamburger bun) with curly fries and Dr pepper mmm. The bun was odd and sweet but the curly fries were good, seasoned like wedges but shaped in spirals. They were playing Metallica - Unforgiven. I found that a quite different and it felt a bit odd since I've found fast food places in NZ usually play generic pop.
On to lots of shopping in a mall in Longview. It was really quiet and strange in the mall but then we realised it was a week day. There were a few teens around since it's spring break at the moment (3 months with nothing to do - how sick of that would you get after the first 3 weeks??) but no mums with young kids or anything like that.
I bought a really cute skirt on sale at JC Penneys (a store like Farmers) which I have been wearing all the time since. Just so you know, everything here is cute. Cars are cute, clothes are cute, dogs and babies are cute, haircuts are cute, shoes are cute, furniture is cute...the list goes on.
I tried my first icecream from Dairy Queen, an oreo blizzard. This is a soft serve dessert in a plastic cup, all whizzed up with the topping like a McFlurry. I had oreo cookies in mine (chocolate biscuit with cream filling) and my friend had M&Ms.
Once again, a list of thoughts at the end:
-Coke tastes different, possibly not as sweet? I think it's something to do with the hight fructose corn syrup they use here, so you can't taste the sweetness as clearly.
-Watched TV show called 'Deadliest Catch' on TV. This is about crabbing boats in the Bering Strait catching King crabs and Opelia and it's a cool show. The work they are doing is incredibly dangerous and they go for days at a time without sleep if the crabs are coming in.
- My friend's dad has a US$7000 shower made from natural rock. It's nice and makes you feel like you're showering in a waterfall or castle.
- The upstairs bedroom was painted lime green by her older brother and makes me feel like I'm in an aquarium when I go in and turn the light on.
- They have a rottweiler-cross dog who stays outside, and a old fluffy cat who has to stay inside because it might get eaten by something in the forest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment