Saturday, 5 July 2008

More progress

I bought my tickets yesterday! We got a great deal from Kylie at Hitch Travel (Massey University Student Complex 0800 2 HITCH - 0800 2 44824) for our long-haul flights and then got pretty good prices for our internal flights to and from Las Vegas on the net.

We are flying out of Wellington Airport on the afternoon of Sunday 20 July, then have a short stopover in Auckland before flying direct to San Francisco. We're in America for what will be a glorious four weeks and then lose two days flying back.

I have meetings at a couple of banks next week to apply for credit cards. While my EFTPOS card should be able to work in ATMs in the States, I will feel more comfortable with another card 'just in case'. I also don't know what the fees are like for overseas transactions on my card so I'll need to find out so I can use the cheapest way!

I have my travel insurance sorted out to purchase online - I need the most expensive policy to go to America, just in case I have to go to the hospital there or get sued.

So now it's just a matter of waiting, trying not to worry about things I can't change and trying not to overpack. I am planning on buying a fair amount of clothes and some shoes over there so I need to make sure it will all be within weight on the way back.

Feel free to leave a comment or email me with any suggestions for duty-free stuff... maybe I should finally get myself a digital camera.

Stress level yesterday - 4
Stress level today - 4

3 comments:

  1. (Although if you're leaving 20 June, then you may have missed your flight....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks for that. Maybe I need to start proof-reading my posts - nah, I'm sure you'll continue to correct me!

    ReplyDelete